Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

first barn door tracker shot

result of my test run with my Barn door tracker that I built today with my father-in-law. Thank god he's a carpenter because i didn't have to pay a dime and I had all the necessary tools on hand.

here's the tracker

5490318830_5a22cb1477_z.jpg

and here's the first shot

canon 30d w 18-55mm

60sec @ f5.8

1 exposure processed in CS3

5490280057_13982bb5c7_b.jpg

vs no tracking

5491889228_a88b8fe5f6_z.jpg

Way to go! Fantastic handywork and shot!

thank you! I must say the band saw is super fun to use as long as you respect it :)

i found i need to go back amd add a mount for a light so i can see my wheel and mount a stop watch or something. but it works so well. ill add a shot i took to see what it would look like untracked.

Nicely done. Well made and it works!!! Is it manually wound or have you fitted a clock drive?

manual drive, each line on the wheel is 30 degrees. 30 degrees every 5 seconds is the rate of turn.

60 seconds thats one full turn of the wheel

how did you align the mount

point hinge toward polaris. :) I JUST modified it to add a light for the wheel and scope so I can easily align the hinge to polaris. I'll post new picture tonight.

Very impressive indeed - I love to see results like this from such simple equipment. Nicely constructed too, can we see some more pictures of the tracker itself?

I just just just modified it and took more pictures I'll add them to the thread later tonight or tomorrow.:)

Very impressive indeed - I love to see results like this from such simple equipment. Nicely constructed too, can we see some more pictures of the tracker itself?

I made a thread about it here

http://stargazerslounge.com/diy-astronomer/132439-first-barn-door-tracker.html

have a gander :) I got a new shot in, I'm making a thread as we speak

and if you didnt see it I got an official shot tonight

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-widefield-special-events-comets/132612-2nd-shot-barn-door.html#post1721448

sorry I'm too much I'm pretty excited at the outcome!

• 8 months later...

Archived