Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Finding Mars....

I did feel like quitting tonight when I couldn't find it. You live and learn.....
Quit - but you've actually got clear skies!! - don't be daft! :)

But seriously - if you don't always find what you set out to - don't panic - there's always something else!

EDIT - just had a look at that site and something is obviously wrong as it doesn't show jupiter as being viewable when it clearly still is

wish we had clear skies up here.all it seems to do in scotland is rain!!

you're not surprised by this are you?

Almost got my hopes up today when there was a clear blue sky in the early afternoon but knew better than to plan for a few hours out in the cold :)

You might want to try looking for Uranus, it is a tough target nowadays, and it is nothing more than a pale green faint star with a 9mm EP....I wonder how it would look with a barlow lens, I am waiting for mine...As far as planets is concerned, I think the two giants (Jupiter and Saturn) are the most interesting to observe. Mars is apparently in conjunction these days and should be available in a year or so....

Archived