Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hey guys plaz help, im woried????

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For sales and advice I find FLO second to none, I have used several sources for my astro purchases and I would say I have had problems and delays with about half of my orders, one company I had to go through my bank to claim the money back because I chased for 3 weeks and got zero response.

Since using just FLO the service has been second to none, I always use the email way to contact them to check stock before ordering and have always had a speedy response.

With regards after sales service, I received an eq6 and when tested it was faulty, I emailed FLO at about 9pm and expected a response in a day or two, 15 minutes later and Martin was on the phone and promised to organise a replacement asap, this duly arrived a few days later.

Whilst I know waiting is very frustrating please bear in mind that I know the help desk is sometimes being checked late into the evening when possible, and that FLO have stated several times on this forum how stargazing live has given them, and other suppliers, logistical nightmares because of the sheer number of orders and enquiries.

Imagine if you call someone for advice before ordering, any astro company, does this take 30 seconds? No, it can take for ages, and if all of the people trying to call take 20 minutes to discuss their requirements or orders imagine the number of lines that would be needed to keep up with this.

Now let's say flo put in another three lines, this is not cheap and who would pay? We would as those extra costs would have to be picked up somewhere.

My advice, if the phones are busy email them as suggested they are usually quick to reply to emails whether good news or bad.

Can I also offer some reassurance for you RE FLO. I recently Ipurchased an EP from them, decided I wanted an exchange, no problem, replacement arrived and old one collected within 2 days. I agree the lack of a reply the first few times I tried to contact them put me off and they lost the sale of a scope because of it. However, when I did get through to them they were so helpful I felt I owed them some business, they've been a pleasure to deal with. As mentioned earlier in the thread, seems SGL has caught the industry with it's pants down. The money was burning a hole in my pocket, but it still took 2 weeks to buy a scope, reason, stock cleared out cos of SGL!

Regards

SB

On a more serious note - OcUK forums have a rule which is all complaints should be take directly to OcUK, simply because moaning on a forum isn't going to solve anything whereas communicating directly with them will.

That rule exists because OcUKs owner has a severe case of thou shalt not criticise the company in public, one reason why a company owned/run forum is not a good place. SGL has got it right, FLO sponsor it and hopefully get good business from it but in no way control it.

That rule exists because OcUKs owner has a severe case of thou shalt not criticise the company in public, one reason why a company owned/run forum is not a good place. SGL has got it right, FLO sponsor it and hopefully get good business from it but in no way control it.

Up to a point - it's not a surprise that they only want positive publicity. However the readership of OcUK is younger (and console gamer metality) and things get quickly into slanging matches unless things are kept within a clear set of rules. SGL has a mature majority within their membership.

I've used them for many years and got a prompt and accurate service each time. The moderators did go through phase of being overly strict but that's eased off quite a bit. Regardless of the rules the result is a good forum membership that is blossoming. Just an observation over the time since registering in 2003..

My EQ6 has arrived bang on as I was just going out the building for lunch. :)

Archived