SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

hey guys plaz help, im woried????

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I trust Flo so much i would even buy a used car from them.

Steady on! :)

I think FLO's model should take a page out of OcUK's book - they run their own market segment-focused forum (one of the largest from my understanding) and obviously that has a good RoI for the sponsorship.

They back this up with shipping products the same day that you order. The result is load of happy people (naturally they have a few issues due to the sheer number of orders).

Dare I say we also sponsor Stargazerslounge

I guess this is your way of saying "don't criticise FLO or else!"

- but it's entirely unconnected with the point that I was making - that it's genuinely frustrating to not be able to get through to FLO on the phone when you want to buy something and don't happen to be sat next to a computer.

That's it; nothing more.

... shipping products the same day that you order. The result is load of happy people

That is our usual mode of operation. The majority of orders placed before 3pm are normally dispatched same-day via Fedex overnight delivery. Unfortunately this doubling of interest, sales and communications happened during what should have been one of our quietest months so we (importers, distributors and retailers) were holding stock levels in-line with predicted sales only to find Jan was busier than December! Because the majority of telescopes and mounts are sourced from China it wasn't possible to respond quickly so the backorder list grew dramatically. In retail terms you could call this the 'perfect storm' where sales, stock and deliveries were all totally out of sync.

On a positive note, this does demonstrate that there is significant interest in astronomy. If the TV people run intelligent well presented programs at sensible times, we clearly appreciate them :)

Dare I say we also sponsor Stargazerslounge, the UK's largest (3rd largest in the World!) and most active astronomy forum. No other UK dealer invests in a forum the way we do and to the extent we do. SGL is an excellent place for information gathering.

I guess this is your way of saying "don't criticise FLO or else!"

Steady now Jeremy, I was only reminding people that SGL is an excellent alternative to someone contacting us for advice. That is all :)

SGL also tends to serve as an extension of our customer support, this thread demonstrates that, though we must be careful as ADMIN are not keen to see the forum used this way. Most of our posting takes place in the Sponsor section.

FLO sponsors the forum, we do not own it.

Steve

though we must be careful as ADMIN are not keen to see the forum used this way. Most of our posting takes place in the Sponsor section.

Steve

It's not ideal having this sort of thread - but on the flip side it's important that good and bad things are reported... because without the bad posts - the good ones mean nothing.

I've always thought that the way in which a company deals with problems is a better indication of how good a company is than what they do when things are going well...

FLO sponsors the forum, we do not own it.

Fancy making an offer? :)

Ant

Just to say the Hyperon & EQDIR have arrived from ordering yesterday/day-before. The EQ6 Synscan has an order reference with it with the power lead on back order. I'm assuming that means that the mount is on a seperate delivery schedule (possibly a different courier).

One thing I hope, with the new website refresh, is that the order system allows you to track what's happening with each item - ie if it's delayed/shipped in a particular delivery. Just something that the big retailers have down to a Tee.

I look forward to FLO's progress :)

PS. First 3rd party EP.. and the Baader Hyperon 13mm wieghs a ton!

Fancy making an offer? :)

I'll open with 10 jaffa cakes and an otter with an optional stake in the beer at SGL6.. :o Please note the otter is supplied as-is without warrantee or history of ownership.

On a more serious note - OcUK forums have a rule which is all complaints should be take directly to OcUK, simply because moaning on a forum isn't going to solve anything whereas communicating directly with them will. They dumped the web-contact page in favour of straight phonelines because it infuriated the customer.. all growing pains and as long as the problem is fixed the world still revolves.

Just to say the Hyperon & EQDIR have arrived from ordering yesterday/day-before. The EQ6 Synscan has an order reference with it with the power lead on back order. I'm assuming that means that the mount is on a seperate delivery schedule (possibly a different courier).

Yes, your mount has been dispatched and will be with you tomorrow :o

One thing I hope, with the new website refresh, is that the order system allows you to track what's happening with each item - ie if it's delayed/shipped in a particular delivery. Just something that the big retailers have down to a Tee.

With our current system you can login and check the updates posted in the order status window, it currently reads "NEQ6 ordered for direct dispatch from importers. EQDIR and Hyperion eyepiece dispatched via FedEx 21st Feb. T/No *deleted from post* Power supply cable on backorder."

Skytron power supply cables should be here in a few days (the EQ6 is supplied with a basic power cable so you will be able to use it).

The new system will be more advanced :)

I look forward to FLO's progress :(

Thank-you,

Steve

Yes, your mount has been dispatched and will be with you tomorrow :)

With our current system you can login and check the updates posted in the order status window, it currently reads "NEQ6 ordered for direct dispatch from importers. EQDIR and Hyperion eyepiece dispatched via FedEx 21st Feb. Power supply cable on backorder."

Skytron power supply cables should be here in a few days (the EQ6 is supplied with a basic power cable so you will be able to use it).

Awesome, I didn't realise that the store had this (it doesn't require that you login). I'll put this down to User Error :o

(PS.. the transaction number is a security risk :( )

OcUK forums have a rule which is all complaints should be take directly to OcUK, simply because moaning on a forum isn't going to solve anything whereas communicating directly with them will.

Ah yes, the "Catholic Church" argument... :)

Complaining on a forum engenders support and advice from other people in the same position as yourself, and puts pressure on unresponsive or irresponsible dealers. It helps warn future customers of the kind of problems that might happen to them if they place an order.

Bear in mind that - given the current short-supply situation described by Steve @ FLO, it's likely that long delivery times will be identical for any given product no matter who you order from - since most large items will be shipped to your door directly by the importer.

... it's likely that long delivery times will be identical for any given product no matter who you order from...

This thread might be giving the wrong impression. In normal circumstances we actually carry more stock than most dealers, considerably more than those working from a garage or spare-room. For example, we actually have Celestron Nexstar 6 SE here in stock for overnight delivery, a very popular telescope that is on backorder at most dealers. Also, looking at your your orders Jeremy, all but one were dispatched same-day (one was next working day). We don't do too badly :)

The telescopes causing the most anxiety are:

Explorer 200p with EQ5, due next week.

Skyliner 200p Dobsonian, due sometime in March.

Explorer 200p DS Newtonian, due sometime in March.

Skymax 127 AZ GOTO, due April-May

HTH,

Steve

I've only ever had 2 dealings with FLO and I must admit i'm impressed by their written (e-mail) communication. First was to get a stock check on a popular scope, and the second was to chase up a missing order. FLO posted out a replacement the same day (missing item still hasn't turned up!).

I will continue to use FLO as my 1st port of call, however I do believe they could stock a wider range of products (TeleVue anyone?).

Yeah, just a bit miffed on the lack of communication... they were good otherwise.

That is something that hasn't been mentioned in this thread: We aren't the only ones struggling with the extra workload. Roger, I know it is frustrating but it is best that you are patient with them. Most dealers are doing their best in difficult circumstances.

HTH,

Steve

I ordered mine from FLO too...

Because I'm not based in mainland I needed to make an additional payment for the P&P. They were supposed to send me an email to confirm it. The email was by a mistake sent to someone else, in result my telescope wasn't shipped. I rang them after a few days and they fixed everything up within 2 days.

I suspect that could be your case too, so try ringing them a few more times. Send them an email if you can't get through.

They provide truly exceptional service!!!

Also, looking at your your orders Jeremy, all but one were dispatched same-day.

?

I've not complained about my FLO orders.

Just commented that on several occasions I've ordered from elsewhere because I've been unable to get through on your phone.

Archived