Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Bolton!

ollieholt

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh and i am too a regular visitor to Rivington barn during the warmer months on a sunday, well pretty much everyday for a brew after work. Im a biker, :)

Warrington is about half an hour away :o over belmont past rivi is nice and dark, your right, reebok stadium does put out a right stink of light! as does the whole of manchester if your on the 'hot' side of winter hill.

Hi Ollie, you have already been welcomed by astro-baby, take a look at her web site, she posted the link. Mel has written the best article I have read in my quest for a telescope.... 'So you want to buy a telescope - Part 1'. Then try to find one! Prof Brian Cox has caused a run on all stock, everywhere. I have decided to step back for a while to let the dust settle - keep using the binos until it calms down. Except of course for the next series in March - then it starts all over again (may get a scope by 2012!). Good Luck.

Hi Ollie, you have already been welcomed by astro-baby, take a look at her web site, she posted the link. Mel has written the best article I have read in my quest for a telescope.... 'So you want to buy a telescope - Part 1'. Then try to find one! Prof Brian Cox has caused a run on all stock, everywhere. I have decided to step back for a while to let the dust settle - keep using the binos until it calms down. Except of course for the next series in March - then it starts all over again (may get a scope by 2012!). Good Luck.

thanks for the advice, that buyers guide was excellent as is the website! Brian cox is a great guy, he is so easy for anyone to watch, i can see why interest may have boomed around his tv appearances. :rolleyes:

i am torn between a 4" Mak or an 8" dob at the moment! lol just trying to weigh up which would be best for me, the goto mak is small and neat but the 8" dob will give me great deep sky views..... ahh the decisions!!

Archived