SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Comet McNaught with camera phone and bins

SteelRat

Cheers folks - just glad I got to see it. Spent so long staring at it I almost forgot to take any pics. Beautiful looking thing. Had a weird feeling though about seeing something that bright and close looking that is on the move! and not exactly hanging about! Truly awsome! 8)

Didn't seem very long by the time I'd got the heads up. Think it'll be up in the east in the morning but ain't sure if the clouds'll stay away long enough. Don't think we got the best weather on the way y'know.

Anyhoo, had a play - went WAY too far with it but what the hey?

post-13013-133877328428_thumb.jpg

Hi Jeff - wondered that myself. Have inspected the phone lens and my bins and there's nothin on em. I suspect it may be something akin to kidneybeaning between the wideangle resolving lens on the bins and the phone - must've had the phone slightly off centre or not plum tangent. Tried to edit it out a little in the playaround image - am just dead pleased to have seen the comet.

One of the awsome things I've ever 8)seen

^

Edit; most

drive up on the moors if its clear

Cool 8)

Cheers gents and thanks for the nice comments all :D

Edit; after looking at the original unccropped pic I thought that dark patch might've been part of a cloud - but y'know, I reckon my phone has a dustbunny :shock:

Archived