Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Technical name needed ...

daz

I know Thing-a-mi-bob is the usual term although uoja-ma-flip in preferred in other areas of the UK :D:D

or in keeping with the use of acronyms that astromoers use to describe their missions how about QuRAST

QUick Release Adapter Socket Thingy?

Well, CC appears to be the winner!!

I believe its a 1/4-20, which if I understand correctly means it's a 1/4" internal diameter with 20 turns per inch.

Next - suggestions to source such a thing (I'm sure somebody listed an eBay store not so long ago).

:D

Well, CC appears to be the winner!!

I believe its a 1/4-20, which if I understand correctly means it's a 1/4" internal diameter with 20 turns per inch.

Next - suggestions to source such a thing (I'm sure somebody listed an eBay store not so long ago).

Don't you have hardware shops in the UK? You know, places where you go to get drill bits, saws, sump pumps, tractors, and loose nuts and bolts.

Well Daz I always buy my Doins from the Doins shop place whatsit is all :p

I did check with our engineering department before ordering the "camera adapter threaded socket thingy", and they didn't have any. Today, they have found 250 of the flippin' things!!!

Archived