NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Not a bad view

Another one from the clifftop with some idiot standing at the cliff edge.:).Not a lot of light pollution out there,only the moonlight.Might have to come out here with the Merlin for some longer exposure shots.

IMG_3078flickr.jpg

Really nice image with an almost ethereal atmosphere, what sort of settings do you use for a shot like that? And also what mount do you use.

Cheers

30seconds, F4,iso 2500.no mount,just a Manfrotto tripod.

I intend to go back with my little Merlin mount to get some 2-3 minute exposures.I may have to wait a while as i start 12 hour nightshifts next week and could go on them for a couple of months.

Just ordered a Skymax 150 as well so that wont see nightlight for a while either.Work realy does get in the way at times.. :)

30seconds, F4,iso 2500.no mount,just a Manfrotto tripod.

I intend to go back with my little Merlin mount to get some 2-3 minute exposures.I may have to wait a while as i start 12 hour nightshifts next week and could go on them for a couple of months.

Just ordered a Skymax 150 as well so that wont see nightlight for a while either.Work realy does get in the way at times.. :)

Thanks for the info Stewart, I would like to try some similar shots with my DSLR, looking forward to experimenting. I recently got a Skymax 102 and love it, your 150 will be a great piece of kit, enjoy!

Cheers

Archived