Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Horses Head, 7/2/11

Glider

Having played some more with the finderguider/SPC900/PHD guiding with my HEQ5 Synscan mount I was able to get a night of 10min subs in earlier this week.

Here is the Horse Head, 18 off 10min subs, ED80, unmodified Canon 1000D with SW LP filter.

Stacked with flats, darks and bias in DSS and adjusted in CS3.

post-17592-133877530681_thumb.jpg

very nice

if your able to sub for 10mins why stop? what is the pause for? (nooob):)

No expert my self, but I think with Alnitak (the bright star in the middle of the horse head & flame) there is a risk of over exposing it and floading the rest of the image with unwanted light.

Glider- Very nice image! loads of detail around the horsie! ;)

Michael

Lovely Field of view mate! I'm beginning to miss one shot colour ;)

very nice

if your able to sub for 10mins why stop? what is the pause for? (nooob):)

Also mate, the longer the sub the more chance of something going wrong, tracking error's, clouds,mount exploding etc. Also with light pollution, even with a filter you can start to get to a point where you are not getting anymore data, just more light pollution.

Well i think thats right?...still a newb to all this my self...starting to doubt my self now! lol

It would usualy mean that you would have more subs that you could use in the end. as you would have more subs that wouldn't be affected from bad seeing, some wind knocking the scope, etc.. More chance to get good data anyway.

Oh and another reason with non cooled camera's such as DSLR's is an effect called amp glow, which is the CMOS chip heating up. Which makes a glow across the image. Now i know im right about this one. lol

Sorry to confuse you! im confusing my self here! lol

Michael

Well i think thats right?...still a newb to all this my self...starting to doubt my self now! lol

It would usualy mean that you would have more subs that you could use in the end. as you would have more subs that wouldn't be affected from bad seeing, some wind knocking the scope, etc.. More chance to get good data anyway.

Oh and another reason with non cooled camera's such as DSLR's is an effect called amp glow, which is the CMOS chip heating up. Which makes a glow across the image. Now i know im right about this one. lol

Sorry to confuse you! im confusing my self here! lol

Michael

Not a noob, explanation is spot-on Michael.

Archived