Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Simeis 147 is out there...

ollypenrice

Inspired by Roertm last year and Prokyon's excellent POW this week I pointed the EF200L lens at the space where rumour has it that something hydrogen-like is thought to lurk. And yay, verily, it does!!

Bless it, the EQ6 plopped it squack on the chip after a lay off from Betelgeuse and sat there guiding like a good 'un through 21 fifteen minute subs seen here. It will need the same again to get to a presentable state of noise at full size.

I'm thinking of pointing the FSQ at the same area in order to do a 4 panel mosaic for the background. This should give me smaller stars than the lens and Tom O'D has warned me not to expect a squeak out of it in RGB so it is just for the star colour.

What an object and hats off to Prokyon for getting so much out of it in little time. I don't know how he did it and his inclusion of the adjacent nebula lifts his version beyond the norm.

Olly

1180127948_h4GRC-XL.jpg

Hi Olly,

That's a fantastic image, I just wish I could have done it justice like you have. Some RGB would certainly enhance it further.

From all the post and images anyone would think you do it for a living :)

One last thing, I think this one will absorb all the subs you throw at it and more...

Will take a look at Prokyons POW now ...

Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Deep sky imagers are never happy... Need another week of exposure! Darn good shot of a really intricate object that visual observers pretty much can't see. Which camera did you use, what is the focal ratio of the lens you are using?

Well done, what next?

PEterW

Deep sky imagers are never happy... Need another week of exposure! Darn good shot of a really intricate object that visual observers pretty much can't see. Which camera did you use, what is the focal ratio of the lens you are using?

Well done, what next?

PEterW

Oh, I'm quite happy in my way! Wanting to do better is the name of the game.

This you will never see visually, I don't think. Indeed I gave it a dose of 15 minutes in the colour camera at f3.5, stretched it like crazy and saw absolutely nothing whatever... But that is the charm. Having been created maybe 30 to 100,000 years ago this nebula was discovered on a photographic plate the year before I was born. I looked at a spoon this morning and thought, Born in a supernova...

The image on this thread was taken through a 7 nanometer H alpha filter at f3.5 over 8.5 hours in an Atik 4000.

Ah, lovely world, the world of ideas.

As I type the colour camera is collecting star colour but zilch of the nebula.

Olly

Archived