Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Mansfield

MrsR

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi and welcome mrsr,i was gonna go to the sutton one but ended up at the chesterfield one live a a couple a miles from sutton, just over the border in derbyshire how is that club and what was the price of the membership ect a might pop up there one friday

pat

Hello from Devon. you'll find lots of info on this forum. I spend hours just reading threads. I've not needed to ask many questions, if you search you'll find most have been answered already!

Pat the Basic 8 week course I am on is £40 and they do an advance course too. They have a lot of open evenings and I have been twice now and both times the guys that run it have been wonderful - really friendly and very knowledgable. There are a lot of people on my course and all seem lovely.

Pat the Basic 8 week course I am on is £40 and they do an advance course too. They have a lot of open evenings and I have been twice now and both times the guys that run it have been wonderful - really friendly and very knowledgable. There are a lot of people on my course and all seem lovely.

hi sounds good once the course is finished you will have to let me no what it covers ect may take it my self sounds good thanks pat

Pat I will do, they do 2 basic courses a year and 1 advance course a year. The first night was registration night but the skies were clear so we spent a couple of hours looking through the scopes, the first official course night was last Friday - serious winds so no scopes but the lecture was on the outer solar system and so interesting - a lot more involved than I thought it would be.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.

Wondering if anyone who lives in my area goes to the Sutton and Mansfield Observatory too?

Hi. I`m just down the road from you in Hucknall, I have just joined the NAS (Nottingham Astrological Society) who also own their own outdoor scope which members can use from time to time. I was also thinking of joing the Mansfield and Sutton group as it is only 15 minutes from my house. Welcome to the forum.

Archived