Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looking good for a first light experiece

mark RD

I just put the 10inch reflector in the garage to cool, Sky's are looking good at the moment, but I'm not setting the mount up till its dark just in case it all goes pear shaped.

First targets will be:

M31

M42

M45

Then If I can get the goto to agree I will be adding to this list :)

RD

Well had my first session until I dewed up :lol:

OK I think I was a fair bit out with my pole alignment due to not seeing the stars very well. Set up the goto to two stars to start with Deneb and Caph, I also realised I'm going to need to learn a few star names here. I'm still not 100 % sure of all the settings yet and the best I could get the goto was within 3 finderscope FOVs.

Weather conditions where far from ideal, low level fog hung about and the odd bit of cloud here and there, The moon light up the fog so I got a pretty light sky :)

First object was M45. The background was very blue still as it had only just gone dark ( 17.30 ) stars shone out wonderfully using the moonfish 32mm. After playing with the goto some more still with no luck I decided to go for the double cluster. Using the goto got somewhere close again. And again with the 32mm moonfish I was rewarded with a stunning view of the doublecluster easily being able to pick out a few stars of the red kind! All in all I'm very happy with the scope even though I was not so Impressed with the view of the moon, The 127mm refractor has nothing to worry about there it,s still the chosen scope for planets and the moon. Very impressed with the EQ6 pro mount, it is very solid even with around 15Kg of scope sat on it focusing was easy and wobble free.

RD

Archived