SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

DSO night or what?

sbooder

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Live camera http://81.132.0.127:8083/view/index.shtml and Metcheck Metcheck.com - Global Weather Forecasts - Weather Forecast for LL67 - [updated on 28 January 2011 at 11:00] - Weather Feeds - Live Data - Long Range Weather Forecasts look pretty close at the moment and the temperature is dropping off very quickly lol

I can'r recall what that thing is on the right of the camera though?

that thing on the right the rare event that seems to happen in south wales once every 1000 years........... SUNN!!!!

or am i getting the wrong thing again? lol

You can tell how little sun we have here in South Wales by the smell of BBQ smoke that is in the air, well we do have to take every chance as today maybe the only time we get to see the sun for the rest of the year. That's not a joke, it goes missing for long periods, anyway foods ready must get back to the BBQ. :) What a stunning day it is.

You can tell how little sun we have here in South Wales by the smell of BBQ smoke that is in the air

I grew up in Gilwern and then Glangrywney, between Abergavenny and Crickhowell, and I'm sure I spent most of my childhood outdoors (and not sopping wet, either). Mind you, that did include the summers of '76 and '77 which were blazingly hot. There were a couple of winters when the river Usk made it's way across the field almost to the front door to be fair, but that was rare.

James

I'd love to think you're right but then again, as we have guests for dinner tonight this could be another frustrating evening for me if you are!

It's absolutely crystal here in south Cumbria and I've got to go out for a belated Burn's night supper! In an apartment, no garden so no chance to sneak a scope into the car.

Oh well have to stay off the booze and hope it holds for a few hours. plan B, will nip out soon with me little Apo up our LP free back lane and grab a quick few objects before the party as well methinks, but not as nice a proper long planned observing night.

Good luck to all you DSO imagers, look forward to seeing some great pix!

Here in west Somerset we had clear skies early in the evening, but the cloud rolled in later on, only clearing towards midnight. So I eventually got to bed with very cold fingers and toes at nearly 2am. Not feeling entirely at my brightest today ;)

It was very dark though. Just some brightness up to about 10deg above the horizon in the direction of Taunton (about 10 miles away). I was trying to find M36, M37 and M38, but was struggling even looking through the finder scope because there were just so many stars showing.

James

Archived