Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first shot at deep sky imaging

dar

Heres a few of my astro images,I basically used A beginners guide to astrophotography CD-ROM to get started.If somebody can help me get better with DDS{deep sky stacker} and other tips I hope to get better.ES ed 80 triplett riding on an Orion Sirius mt.Cannon XS with #s of 1 to 3 min exp.Stacked some in DSS,post processed with Cannons Digital Pro.{came with camera}

post-24031-133877523073_thumb.jpg

post-24031-133877523082_thumb.jpg

post-24031-133877523089_thumb.jpg

post-24031-133877523096_thumb.jpg

You couldn't hope for a better start! They're very good for your first DSOs. Looks like you're getting the hang of processing the images too. More subs would go a long way on the M45 image to bring out that extra nebulosity.

Hi Dar,

I'm particularly taken with that Trifid. It's hard to believe your just starting out. I downloaded it to my laptop, stretched it slightly and the star colour jumped out at me. First class capture.

As Shibby says, " More subs ". If the mount will stand it, longer. If not never mind. Guiding can wait.

Are you having trouble with DSS ? If so say what and someone on here may know the answer.

Great start,

Dave.

Hi Dar,

I'm particularly taken with that Trifid. It's hard to believe your just starting out. I downloaded it to my laptop, stretched it slightly and the star colour jumped out at me. First class capture.

As Shibby says, " More subs ". If the mount will stand it, longer. If not never mind. Guiding can wait.

Are you having trouble with DSS ? If so say what and someone on here may know the answer.

Great start,

Dave.

I started with a Celestron Nex-image,got the hang of it somewhat.I bought The CD_ROM online by Jerry Lodriguss{A Beginners guide to DSLR Astrphotography,I already had practically the same equipment I followed his out lines.Thanks and I will add more subs in future.Maybe a dark frame or two when I learn how

You couldn't hope for a better start! They're very good for your first DSOs. Looks like you're getting the hang of processing the images too. More subs would go a long way on the M45 image to bring out that extra nebulosity.[/quote} I will try that next time

Archived