Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 Scotland Dark Sky Park

Astroscot2

Hello all.

Ive been itching to get out under a dark sky for some time, It great having an observatory but every now and again its good to get out under the stars and see then how they should be seen.

I wanted to try my DSLR on the TAK for a first time and go for somthing fairly bright, M42 had been an idea for a while so when the skies cleared a week or so ago I took the trip down to Loch Doon just outside the Galloway dark sky park.

The resulting image is a combination of 5, 7 min and 15 sec exposures Total 2.5 hours with a modded canon 1000D on a TAK FSQ. I also added a little Ha taken from Keilder a few years back.

The skies looked good but there must have been some slight haze as there are a few halos I need to deal with. This is a first run at processing so intend going back when time allows. Also want to add more longer subs for the background a seeing Peters Shas image I see there is plenty more wispy stuff to catch.

Cheers

Mark

post-12757-133877518597_thumb.jpg

Archived