NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My very first DSO image

Damien

Hi All,

Very excited about last nights imaging session, my first time ever doing prime focus imaging.

I spent some time getting the best polar alingment I could and took 10 x 30 second exposures at ISO 1600 and 10 darks taken imediatley after. Stacked in DSS and processed in Photoshop CS2.

Shame the central core is clipped, commets and critique welcome

Regards

Damien

post-20014-133877518169_thumb.jpg

Thank you guys for all you help, I've re-processedd the image with the help of the tutorials and am pleased with the result overall. There is still a alot of noise in the image as a result of the high ISO but for my first image i can't expect too much.

Looking forward to getting out again for another crack at it.

Thanks again for all your help. Any comments on the re-processed image would be gratefully appreciated.

Damien

post-20014-133877518903_thumb.jpg

Thanks Quatermass, You tutorial helped alot. Would like the image to have a bit more punch but it's only a 4 minute exposure at a very high ISO so more data required.

Hope the skies are clear for you too.

Thanks Again

D

Thanks Quatermass, You tutorial helped alot. Would like the image to have a bit more punch but it's only a 4 minute exposure at a very high ISO so more data required.

Hope the skies are clear for you too.

Thanks Again

D

I got out there at 3am last night to see Saturn again so I am going to have a crack at that but I recall being out there in the freezing cold imaging the Orion Nebula there is just a wealth of amazing things to see out there I wish I had taken this hobby up years ago. If you haven't seen Saturn yet do stay up later and get a look at it amazing. If I find any more photoshop tuts ont the net I will post them to you.

might be a cool thread to start on its own Photoshop tutorials on astrophotography

:)

The first thing i ever saw in a scope was Saturn. I'll never forget it. Great Idea on the photoshop tutorials. I would love to see some on Youtube. A Video is always better..well for me anyway.

great job, the second image is much better... just need to fine tune..

M42 is a bit of a trial and see, your temted to want to see an image immediately in the camera LCD... so its easy to over push the exposure...

I'd be tempted to drop the ISO to 800 and stretch the image in curves after stacking, take 3 sets of exposures 15 secs , 30sec's & maybe 45-60.

Good start anyway :)

Cheers Coco,

Will give that a try next chance I get. More signal and less noise seems to be the way forward. As I am not guiding I can't expose much beyond 2 minutes but getting a good clean signal with less noise is what i'm going to try and achieve.

Thanks again

D

Archived