Hello from Shropshire

Carla

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, and welcome Carla

I'm up in Staffordshire on the very edge of Stoke, and the sky is probably better for me here than for a lot of people in cities.

I have thought of heading out into Shropshire for viewing though, as I reckon the skies must be darker out in the countryside that way

Marko

Nice to meet you all! Does anyone here attend the Shropshire Astronomy group I've found on the net?

Starryeyes, We were walking up the Long Mynd on Thursday and I thought then it might be a great place to bring my scope at night...I've been on the look out for some good places as I'm pretty limited to South/East skies in my back garden..

Thanks Graham, I've already looked up Rodington on the map. Unfortunately I cant make this Saturday due to other commitments. However, I thought I might come along in February, if work commitments allow. Is the first meeting in Feb at a caravan site on the welshpool road?

Carla

Hi Carla

Yes it appears that the first Feb meeting is on Feb 12th at Ford.

I have never been to the Ford observing site as i usually go to the Rodington meetings.

I believe it is geared up so that if you are principally a Lunar obsever then the Ford meetings are always around about first quarter moon phase.

The Rodington meetings are more geared up for DSO observing when there is no moon about.

HTH

Graham

Archived