SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Is it just me!! The Big Bang

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMAO Its not so long ago that all the "Smart People" theorised that the Earth was flat. Scientists will still tell you that theoretically, a bumble bee cant fly. The fact is, a theory is a thought that is believed by one or more people and not much more than that until its proven. Truthfully I'd be less interested in where it all came from and much more in where its all going.

If we take our level of understanding (U) as a coefficient of our knowledge base (:), and integrate this with the square root of observable fact(T) to achieve a proximity to the right answer we need to extrapolate our findings against an unknown constant, or constant of the unknown (L). Of course this constant changes as both U and B change. This needs some fancy mathematics to determine something theorists call knowledge gain headroom or H. So, you will clearly see that this doesn't make sense without including the log value of the time continuum (yes, you've guessed - T) Now whereas many people see this as a reductive model this is simply to miss the essential point of relativity as alluded to by Einstein. This changes the equation significantly enabling us to use simple mathematical terms.

So here you have it, simple .... B/(UxL)L+S+H (IxT)

Hope that makes sense.

I reckon AM said enough on page one but that's just MHO. It did it for me - all the rest is just entertainin possibilities for fun. Whatever the answer is - it's got about as much effect on our everyday lives at present as voting in a general election (not expressing any political opinion of course - just refering to an event).

Voting has an immediate effect WRT your political representative. You are then allowed to criticise him if a) you voted for him/her and they go against what they said, or :) you voted against him/her.

If you don't vote you should shut up, as you didn't choose to join in the discussion.

Captain Chaos

(I hope that the comments about politics are not political per se, if they are seen as political comments,then I'm happy for this to be deleted)

Just looks like a reference to 'an involvement in the outcome of an event and the right to make comment on the effect' to me CC so I wouldn't think deletion of your post to be necessary matey :)

In a REAL sense though - DOES anything 'like that' really have any effect? No matter what WE do, always the same old problems - day in day out always the same old news (as time goes by the players and characters change) and yet here we all are; keepin on keepin on, swept along. The moon is still up there (still getting further and further away), the ice is still melting, people die and many many MANY more people are born, we eat sh#t & die etc etc etc.

Delete this too if you wanna. I really don't care. Phe!

EDIT; really :lol:

I wonder if anyone might have the bravery to ask Stephen Hawkings to join this discussion.

I might be wrong, but he may be able to point us all in the right directions.

We can set off on our individual journeys, meet up at infinity, then hope someone remembers the way home.

By the way, I am a coward, I am not going to be the one to ask him. :)

It's not so much the religion as certain people in the religion. As you say, these people love the gaps and have a 'God of the gaps'. Other religious folk embrace science, contrary to what most people think, and believe that science and their God are not in conflict but that science answers 'how' questions and God answers 'why' questions. We could hardly say that Einstein hated genuine science but he was religious and there are many more examples. (kelvin, Planck, Newton, Boyle, Faraday).

I have never heard of a religion that says God lives in the 'place' outside of the universe. Some people probably do and use their religion to justify misleading views.

Still, I am breaking forum rules and will shut up!

I would just have to point out that the very popular Turn Left at Orion was written by a Vatican astoromer and priest. Many religionists, myself included, see no conflict between scientific theory and the existence of God. God gave us scientists to explore and explain the "how" of creation. OH, you said that already! Most religious types who argue against God on scientific grounds simply make themselves look silly.

Anyway, Astroman and I were part of a long and fruitless argument on just such points a couple of years ago on another forum, so let's not make it a debate.

As everyone on the forum knows Andrew, the answer is 42

I'm sorry, but the answer is 37. Douglas Adams got it wrong. It is absolutely necessary that the answer be prime. Besides, there's a star cluster up there providing the biggest clue around, in the form of stars arranged in the pattern of the number 37. What more proof do you want?

As everyone on the forum knows Andrew, the answer is 42

I'm sorry, but the answer is 37. Douglas Adams got it wrong. It is absolutely necessary that the answer be prime. Besides, there's a star cluster up there providing the biggest clue around, in the form of stars arranged in the pattern of the number 37. What more proof do you want?

Now that makes much more sense. So that's why it suddenly started raining in the middle of my imaging session. 42 just never did it for me. thanks WH

Archived