Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Best Telescope for £270 max

that would be a good choice, im a begginer and have just ordered my scope should arrive tomorow. I was going to go for that 200p but i got the 250 instead just because i had the money really, but a lot of people have told me what a great scope that 200p is, Dobsonians are great for beginners because of the ease of movement. Youll get great detail on nearby objects so the moon and planets no doubt about it the only thing you may struggle with is the deeper sky stuff but for most of them you should be fine. Also tracking can start to get tricky because its all manual but because of the ease of movement it shouldnt be too much of a bother.

As i said dobs are great for beginners and because of that large aperture your going to get i couldnt really suggest much else. But talk to some of the experts here theres also a few people with that scope who will give great advise.

Hi Lighty and welcome to SGL...I have the Skyliner 200p and i am more than happy with it..Very easy to use and the views i have had so far have been Fantastic...Saturn has been the biggest wow factor so far, but M42 Orions Nebula was pretty impressive too...Good luck

Regards

Mark.

8" is a great aperture for a first scope - good choice. To get within budget you might want to get it on a Dobsonian mount (so long as you don't intend imaging) :)

Dobsonians - Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Dobsonian

Thats what I was looking at lol!

Its actually my 2nd telescope, but my 1st serious 1 I suppose, didnt have much luck with the one I had (in my signature), think this one will fair better?

I think this is sold on me then!

Whats the delivery from FLO like?

Want it as soon as possible, going to buy it tomorrow!

Any chance of getting some student discount lol:P

FLO's service is excellent - best talk to them direct (they are very friendly) to make the purchase.

I had a Skyliner 200P for a while I loved the scope - I've also had a 250PX but preferred the 200 - it's an F/6 and easier to collimate and keep in collimation and a little more tolerant of lower cost eyepieces.

Mine surprised me by being a very good planetary and double star scope, as well as having enough light grasp to provided nice views of deep sky objects as well.

I've often thought about having another one but my wife tells me that 4 scopes is already too many :)

Another recommendation from me. As good as it gets for this budget, well actually this scope can hold its own against scopes costing almost 10x (Meade or Celestron SCT's) as much. Like John, i prefer the 200P to the 250PX. One of the best scopes i've owned.

And FLO are brilliant. You'll get the scope very quickly indeed.

Just bought a 200P dob, should have bought it 2 years ago and save a mint on others that I bought...............Its a great scope, make some setting circles for it( Look in DOBS Community for advice) get a Wikey from FLO and you will never look back

Archived