Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

are you a stargazing live convertee??

starstalker

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It played a part. I've been interested in astronomy for a couple years, and have had a telescope with some basic eyepieces that I used for observing the moon but not much else. I only watched the first program (have the others recorded) but it coincided with 3 nights in a row of beautiful clear skies. I decided to treat myself to a plossl (or two) and found the SGL forum off the back of a search for eyepiece reviews.

It certainly tipped me from occasional DSLR photography of the moon using a 400mm lens to taking things up a level with a telescope.

I do hope that being an SG Live convertee doesn't end up being viewed as a bad thing, there seems to be a lot of people who coincidentally joined at the same time?

Yep, I am a convert since watching the show and deciding to rder a beginner telescope (a Sky-Watcher EXPLORER-130M 130mm (5.1") f/900 Newtonian reflector kit complete with RA Drive motor).

Funnily enough, the scope is out of stock due to high demand and will be despatched early next week when they get new stock in so looks like the show has done good things for the telescope industry :)

I did watch SGL and found it re-awakened my fascination with the universe that I have always had.

I stumbled across this forum whilst looking online for a good starter telescope, Im a propper noob at this but really excited also, hope to get some good practical hints and tips from this forum once I find my way around :)

Hi

I watched the stargazing live program and it encouraged me to take my 5" russian dobsonian telescope into the cold. Saw the andromeda galaxy and the orion nebula last night.

So i guess you could say it has rekindled my interest. I went looking for a fourm and found this one lol. One thing i have noticed is the price of sold meade etx 90's go from around £250 to £350 on ebay in a week. Good if your selling, bad if your buying.

Professor Brian Cox always seems to get me interested in the universe. Hes a good presenter.

I sort of did, was surfing the net looking at stuff and came across this forum got some good advice, and previously had looked through a friends scope before but never got round to doing anything further. So watching the series in a way got my interst going and now i have my own telescope and even gone to my local club in Ashford, where i learned loads of interesting stuff. And now totally hooked.

Archived