SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

are you a stargazing live convertee??

starstalker

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I joined yesterday after deciding to get into the hobby over the holiday, but only stumbled on the Stagazing Live prog by complete accident whilst channel surfing last night. It was fun! The presenters were entertaining... bet they were all jealous of the girl who got the Hawaii gig though. :eek:

I put my old ETX70 on eBay to sell on Saturday. It hasn't yet sold, but there are 180 people watching the item (the auction will go crazy tomorrow when i tends). I noticed that in the hours after each of the BBC progs, the numbers watching went up by 8-10 per hour. It has certainly got people thinking about the hobby.

Watching the show is what finally persuaded me to take up the hobby after a life-long interest. What's better is that because of that, I've found this community which has already proven to be so friendly and helpful!

At least my licence fee isn't completely wasted!

brian seems to be spending too much TV time berating Dara and yonathon woss..for my liking, they should not be involved

Im with you on this, they tried to funny things up at the wrong times and you missed what Brian was saying, thank god for Sky+ :)

Not so much a convertee, as someone who had a dormant interest re-awakened. Off the back of SGL, I Googled and found this forum which I am fairly sure will become sick of me and the questions I ask as I take my long overdue jump into astronomy.

FWIW; The format of SGL may not wibble the collective frosset pouches of the hardcore, but the 'Top Gear' approach to making a subject entertaining gets airtime and lets face it, prime time air time in a way that it couldn't possibly hope for otherwise. This cannot be bad.

Russell

Archived