Second M42 Dec 8

moondog

Quite pleased with this image of M42 with the TAL. Like the colour balance.

Taken with a Nebula filter. 5 x 45 secs, 4 x 20 secs and 3 x 75secs. All @ 1600 ISO.

No darks, flats or bias subs. Aligned, combined and digitally processed in ImagesPlus.

Canon 350D at prime focus, TAL 5 ins frac.

MD

image.jpg

Click to enlarge

Welcome to the world of DSO imaging MD, that is a very good image indeed, the colour , focus and detail is spot on, and very good processing to match, i,m looking at this image at work on a carp monitor , so looking foward to getting home later today to see it on mine,

well done

Rog

:D

Finally, after what seemed like weeks, the sky cleared and I could get out and have a play.

Thanks for the comments.

I've been using the Rev 80ED up to now, but obviously the TAL125R must have a good lens to get the colour of M42 just right.

There's been no false colour processing, just as it came out the camera.

At 1600 ISO with no dark subs the 350D must also be pretty noise free. Up to now I've avoided going above 800 ISO. Cold nights obviously help DSLR's !

8)

MD

I am a new boy here, just joined today. I thought I would feel my way around SGL before commenting on anything.

I can't not say anything about this Image. I have been a mediocre Astro Imager for years (Using Film), and I am about to embark on electronoc imaging for the first time ever. If I can ever produce anything as remotely good as this shot of M42, I will die a happy hombre.

Thanks for all the good comments, it's appreciated.

Barkis

Firstly - glad to have you on board ! Why don't you go to the 'Welcome' section and introduce yourself ?

We want you to be a 'happy hombre' and you will get the help you need on SGL.I only started imaging at the beginning of this year and bought the DSLR in summer. My first attempts weren't good, but with constructive criticism and help from the great SGL members, including Martin B above and Rog, I managed to slowly improve.

Glad you like the image of the Orion nebula - there are hundreds of great images on SGL. I hope they inspire you as they did me.

8)

MD

Archived