NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

After months of nothing M33

harry page

Hi

After months of doing nothing and struggling with my badly collimated 130mm APO I thought I had sussed it out and beaten it into shape only to find the cold ( Minus bl--dy 12) pinched the optics :D

Still not perfect but at least a image :)

Taken with my sxvf m25 and consists of 45 x 10 min subs and processed in Pixinsight

Back to bench with the scope though ;)

As always thanks for looking and the high res version is here

http://www.harrysastroshed.com/Image%20html/m33.html

Regards Harry

post-16736-133877508733_thumb.jpg

Hi

Thanks for looking gents :)

A fine image Harry with some great detail in the dust lanes. The star shapes could be down to clips in the lens cell that are protuding into the light path.

Regards

Kevin

There are no spacers in this scope , its just that I have pinched the collimation screws :D

Harry

Hi

The sxvf m25 is only done as a OSC :D It is a nice camera , but not as sensitive as a mono .

I am waiting for my new sxv H35 ( Mono ) to come which hopefully will work with my 14" newt :)

Harry

Is that the colour or mono version of the camera?

Hi

the colour from this image was easy , it was out of the tin and I only added a sat boost , but this is not always the case and some images need more work than others to get a good balance , mind you this the same with a std rgb image there never a free lunch:rolleyes:

Regards Harry

Absolutely stunning mate! I need to start saving to get a top quality ccd :)

How hard is it to process the images from that ccd? I ahve the MX7C and find it a right pain to get the colour images from it!

Matt.

Archived