Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from an ex-pat

RichardJBartlett

Greetings

My name's Richard and I'm an Englishman living in Louisville, Kentucky - doesn't quite have the same ring as being able to say I'm an Englishman in New York, but oh well.

I was born and raised in Luton; I've been into astronomy since I was 6 (so more than 30 years now), was lucky enough to write the website and software reviews for Astronomy magazine for awhile and emigrated to the US 6 years back. Spent a few years in Oklahoma where I was spoilt for skies. Moved to Louisville in 2008 but I miss the stars.

I signed up today; I belong to a couple of other forums too but I'm always up for a good astronomical discussion so I'm looking forward to jumping in here :D

I also have my own website, AstroNews - it's an online archive of astronomical press releases. I update it whenever a release is sent out by the American Astronomical Society. The link is in my signature - any feedback would be appreciated :D

Clear skies!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys

I love Blade Runner; saved up my pennies and got the 5 disc blu-ray edition (mostly for the Workprint) and it was worth it.

I saw the UK got hit badly with snow; my parents said at the weekend that they weren't really affected down in Luton though. What are the skies like right now?

RE the skies, I have light pollution but the good thing about the skies here in (also cold) Louisville is that we get to see some goodies that are too far south from England. I just have to go to the park on the edge of town to see 'em LOL

RE Blade Runner, I have the 5 disk DVD too; I'm keeping it cos it's the one in a collector's numbered case and my wife bought it for me. So it has sentimental value too LOL

Heads up - if you do look into getting the blu ray, be aware that although the disks with the movies are blu-rays, the extras are standard DVD's, which I felt slightly cheated on LOL I was disappointed that the Dangerous Days documentary wasn't also on Blu-ray, but... oh well. At least the producers stopped their bickering and finally allowed it to be given a proper release.

Richard,

Changed my username a few months back. Blade Runner seems to polarize opinion, I think its excellent, just got the blue ray version, watched it on my own, my girl thinks its rubbish! She thinks its boring, she might be a replicant herself.:D

Like some other users, I like showing my kit as my signature, its good to see what other people are using on theirs as well.

Alan

You gotta start somewere. In this game things soon seem to change, always something else on the shopping list! :D

Just put up what you have, I'm sure it will start to blossom as the weeks/months drift by.

You could always sell me your Blade Runner boxset!:D to get some funds for a new ep.

Alan

Archived