Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Very new to all this, from Preston

Claire

Hi Claire. Welcome to sgl. The people here are really friendly and helpful. I too am very new to this, and have found stellarium a fantastic tool. I am still bumbling around and trying to find my way around the sky. Highly enjoyable but very cold at the moment.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Claire and Son,

A very warm welcome to SGL, it does not matter whether you are thinking about taking up Astronomy, or have just started out, you will find all are welcome here. We do have a dedicated bins section, have a look for the free program TUBA it is intended for bins and provides star maps that you can alter to what you want and then print for outside use, placed in a plastic sleeve, visit your local library as there will be a wealth of books on the subject, not forgetting Turn Left at Orion. Enjoy the forum.

John.

wow thanks everyone! I've been without the net for a few days so lovely to see all the messages!

I've had clouds all over the place! Last night was clear and I spent about 10 mins outside looking up after work, but it's just freezing out there!!

Archived