Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade 5000 24mm SWA 1.25" £78 inc P&P to UK (new)

PeterM

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this is old news but I recently had a conversation with a retailer who informed me that Meade are phasing out the Super Wide Angle eyepieces and so I reckon there will be a few more bargains to come as the suppliers attempt to clear their stock.

James

I picked up the 24mm and 35mm SWA for under £100 for the pair (delivered to the UK and tax paid, including the dreaded Parcelforce fee) when they were being sold off in the USA earlier this year, so there's cheaper - superb eyepieces at that price point. The 24mm comes respectably close to the 24mm Pan at f/6, although it seems to suffer a bit at f/4.5

I picked up the 24mm and 35mm SWA for under £100 for the pair (delivered to the UK and tax paid, including the dreaded Parcelforce fee) when they were being sold off in the USA earlier this year, so there's cheaper - superb eyepieces at that price point. The 24mm comes respectably close to the 24mm Pan at f/6, although it seems to suffer a bit at f/4.5

Wow, scorching price on those, it'd be awesome (but perhaps unlikely, although I remain optimistic) if UK prices came anywhere near for the entire range.

Cheers Sniff, I've updated the title of the thread accordingly. Still £10 cheaper then the next best (acecameras.co.uk). Here's hoping the mother-in-law bought one at the cheaper price.

Looking forward to your review jam1e1.

Hi guys

This is not a bad site at all! Jam, do they post from the UK then? Just concerned about import taxes etc if I buy something big!

Thanks

Steve

The Mother in law said that they posted the eyepiece she ordered from the UK. Not sure if that applies to everything athough there's no mention whatsoever on their site of import duties etc, so that might be a good indicator. I did notice that some of their comments are clearly from non-UK customers so I'm guessing that they must sell under different names in, eg, the US. I don't know what, however!

The Mother in law said that they posted the eyepiece she ordered from the UK. Not sure if that applies to everything athough there's no mention whatsoever on their site of import duties etc, so that might be a good indicator. I did notice that some of their comments are clearly from non-UK customers so I'm guessing that they must sell under different names in, eg, the US. I don't know what, however!

Pete,

How long did it take to come?

I ordered one 10 days ago and I notice the site says they can take up to 30 days to ship.

Cheers

This may help: seems non-EU items are more liable to duty/tax

HM Revenue & Customs: Buying from abroad on the Internet - what to look out for

Just ordered 2x meade swa from germany - 34mm and 16mm for £200, ill let you know if i get stung...... :D

Is that OSDV? Ordered the 24mm off them originally. I e-mailed them 2 weeks after ordering and they said they were due in stock shortly. It still hadn't come after a month. To be fair they did apologise and refund. I think it must be the German branch of S&S. :)

Trendy Digital have just refunded me too - seems they had a problem with the ordering system and mine got lost and now they are out of stock.

Sounds like a run of bad luck but it may all turn out ok - I'll let you know. ;)

ordered from 'astroshop' - google it, should be here tomorrow, ordered sat....i'd forget that shop sounds like not good service. Worth sending email to FLO too to see what they got in stock, bought stuff off them before, really good service

ordered from 'astroshop' - google it, should be here tomorrow, ordered sat....i'd forget that shop sounds like not good service. Worth sending email to FLO too to see what they got in stock, bought stuff off them before, really good service

Thanks for re-finding that one for me. I'd found it when I was looking before and couldn't understand why it never came up searching for meade series 5000 eyepiece... it's the fishes of course! Completely forgot about the dodgy translation. Bookmarked now.

Archived