Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Meade 5000 24mm SWA 1.25" £78 inc P&P to UK (new)

PeterM

just got these delivered (16mm and 34mm) - had to pick up from parcelforce due to snow. Cant wait to try out! Build quality appears really good, 34mm is a bit of a grenade.

Tested the 24mm out briefly the other night in the 10" newt, compared to a 26mm skywatcher panaview the edge correction was much better and gave much more of a 'flatter' view, wasnt perfect but big step forward, estimated last 15% noticed some coma. Overall was very pleased.

Although, the 26mm SW panaview worked well in 4" SW100ED refractor. Didnt test the 24mm meade alongside 26mm SW panaview in 100ED. Depending on type of scope, faster scopes tend to be less forgiving.

Now on to purchase a decent planetary set.....

post-21419-133877507948_thumb.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope! :D think outside EU more likely to get hit.

Purchase whilst you can - those prices are excellent! As are the eyepieces. Only had chance to test out the 24mm so far. Whilst I cant compare to a top of the range EP as dont have any to compare to, at end of day very pleased with it and dont think im missing out on anything. Will post reviews when get clear sky!

I've got the 24mm and its superb in my F10.

Might have to sell some orthos to fund the purchase of the 16mm :D

Nope! :D think outside EU more likely to get hit.

Purchase whilst you can - those prices are excellent! As are the eyepieces. Only had chance to test out the 24mm so far. Whilst I cant compare to a top of the range EP as dont have any to compare to, at end of day very pleased with it and dont think im missing out on anything. Will post reviews when get clear sky!

Small mix up I'm afraid, what my MIL thought was a parcel from Trendy Digital turned out to be from somebody else. In fact, quel surprise, Trendy Digital claim the order was "stuck in the system" and they can no longer supply the EP they have listed on their website. Hmm.

Archived