Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon tonight 16th Nov

Astrokev

Nicely done Kev... you've got the surface colours in there, did you try pulling them out ?

Hi John

Yes, I had a play. The CS3 saturation control seems very sensitive and I found it's very easy to overdo it though. Haven't posted my efforts as I don't think I can compete with your excellent shot! I'll keep playing though.

Kev

Don't use the saturation tool to start with, start with ACR... then use small (about 10%) increments in the saturation tool

Cheers John. I thnk I'll have to rethink my workflow. I currently first of all import all my RAW images into Lightroom and then export the ones I want to work on to CS3 as TIFF's. If I remember right, ACR is only for RAW images, so will have to use this on the original image without exporting from LR.

Thanks for the heads up. If I'm brave enough I may even post the result!

Kev

Nice pic that. I used my bins to view the moon nipping in and out behind clouds on the 16th and thought it would make a good photo - particularly the craters around the south pole which were nice and "contrasty". You've captured those well. :)

Archived