NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter November 15, 2010 - 08:19 UT - SEB Spot

frewi808

Lovely images ... great detail in the outbreak, two bright spots with a band of dark material passing between them and being spread out by differential rotation. Signs of more activity both following and preceding the main outbreak ... well worth keeping an eye on!

Hi Neil,

I image from Hawaii and Jupiter is pretty high here, buts seeing conditions are not so great, there was a lot of dew that night and I have to use my hairdryer all the time.

I guess Jupiter was like 80 degrees high.

Ok Your expectations are probably a lot more than mine, i can see now why you say poor seeing, when the top shot would be like stable for us in the uk. Do you have a website Freddy would love to see more of your work. How long have you been imaging ? Really shows what these IS cameras can do with large optics and a good location. Your C14 looks like a cracker, is it a chinease model do you know, or a earlier USA made one ? Sorry for all the questions but i find your work fascinaring. Have you decided what camera to get yet. Mono or single shot.

Cheers

Hi Neil,

Sorry I do not have a website, I post a lot on CN forums. But since I discovered this forum I will post here more often. I do post a lot of junk or bad seeing images in CN, just to go with the flow and be part of that forum. I'm imaging now since 2007.

Actually after that 'big' Mars appearance, just the year after, I got fascinated and bought a Meade 14" LX 200 GPS UHTC which is on my roof and connected with a lot of cables right to the coffee table to image, so I can see Oprah and Image at the same time without going up, all remotely controlled.

But... and here it comes... last year after NEAF 2009 I guess in NY I could get my hands on a C14 farstar at a really good price, maybe showroom used or so, it I checked and after collimation it look good. So I started to setup a permanent pier in the yard, with a losmandy Titan50 mount and also long cables to my coffee table, as you know to watch Oprah :) LOL.

I got better results with the C14 but I had also great results with the Meade on Saturn.

My plan is to get the Flea3 or Basler Ace and start monochrome, but I have already a lot of cables so I'm kinda stuck or like the Color USB better, less processing etc..

But I only have good results when the see is great, with a Flea3 or Ace you can get good results even when the seeings is less great. I'm still debating on getting the Flea3 or Ace Color sensor since it's more sensitive then the DFK21 color sensor it might give also better results...

I do not know is my C14 is Chinese or American, I never talk to it and it never talks back Neil :) LOL...

I'm still, as yourself, learning about processing and getting a good picture that look not tp granny or not to smooth, but the problem is, I have 7 computers and 3 laptops and my Images all looks different on each of them, some are really over exposed in the center or to bright, I guess is the gamma setting of the monitors..

Thanks for all the info, I use two monitors one is often not here. one is too dark, the other too Bright. I prefer the bright one as i can see the flaws better. you will probably see more flaws at the moment as ive got the dark monitor here. Dark monitors show burnout on others brighter screens dont they. Im not the only one going nuts over monitors it seems. Thanks again. i found your info very interesting

Archived