Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M33 - First Light for Obsy!

blinky

OK, so it's not gonna win IOTW:rolleyes: But I finally manahed to get out in the new obsy and roll/slide/push the roof back:hello2:

Took me ages to get started as the QHY8 kept playing up so I had to keep disconnecting it. Then I could not find any stars but discovered the finder scope was way off (This it dawned on me later was 'cos I had removed it when re-balancing the scope!).

Anyway this is only 40 mins in 4X10min subs on M33. I think there is a bit of high cloud and the seeing is terrible. I also know that the sct needs collimated and the QHY8 was also not 100% square in the focuser but hey ho....... It's an image!

post-13107-133877500727_thumb.jpg

Well done on getting your first light image. I also had first light in the obsy tonight and spent the first 4 hours trying to get the guider to work and I failed. I’ve just setup to do 60x60 sec unguided on the Horse head, another clear night wasted,,,,Paul.

Congratulations on your first image. I was also out in my recently completed obsy having various problems like yourself and Paul. At one point I was wondering if I was the only one who has these seemingly endless little niggles when trying to image!! Did manage some data for M33, need to do some flats before I can process.

John

....and was the best moment when you decided it was time for bed....and you just rolled the roof and went to bed!

Helen

Certainly was Helen, so much easier and quicker than before and hopefully it is all aligned now as well.

Archived