NGC 1514 PLANETARY NEBULA

CELESCOPE

Something different from me lol , only short subs again , much the same as yesterday really , all set up , and over came that horrible milky stuff, just managed 15 subs at 40 secs , this one is fairly faint , but has the attraction of some lovely bright stars , and one smack in the centre of the neb, Taken with big bertha LXD75 10 INCH at F4 using teh HA filter

Rog

A planetary nebula lying near a boundary on Taurus is NGC1514. You will be able to find out the nebula to trace about 8 degrees northeast from the Pleiades. The nebula has a diameter of about 2 arc minutes, high-powered view of telescopes shows you a bright central star and very dimmed nebulosity spread out on the outskirts. The dimmed gaseous matter exposes in bluish color, the matter is emitting light from ionized oxygen atoms.

The central star still looks bright; it's considered that the planetary nebula just starts to release gas, fairly newly nebula formed from a dead star. The gaseous region will spread out increasingly within several ten thousand years, and evolve into a splendid planetary nebula like the Ring Nebula (M57) or Dumb

image.jpg

A BIGGER VERSION

image.jpg

Daft question and not meant to be annoying, but, I don't know how to say this, it's BLUE! With a Ha filter?

Its a very good image Rog. No two ways about it, very well done, and with the SN as well. Glad you're using it and posting the results for us to check out.

Just got to have a bash at this one when I get back(two day work trip tomorrow and its tipping with rain now) so whats the deal? I'm guessing Ha luminance + RGB?

Captain Chaos

Archived