NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Gyulbudaghian's Nebula (Herbig-Haro 215 = PV Cephei) and LBN 468

Boren

Hi guys,

Here's an object I really loved imaging and processing.

It's been very rarely imaged (I found only 4 images of LBN 468 on the web) and provides for an interesting complex of dark, bright and reflection nebulae.

I have included some information about the object in the text under the images, and put up two resolutions:

- 1250 pixels wide, here: http://www.pbase.com/boren/image/128919087

- 1650 pixels wide, here: http://www.pbase.com/boren/image/129136302

There's of course the option of pressing "large" under the image (as opposed to "original") to get a smaller image which may fit better on smaller screens.

I also put up another brigher version, 1250 pixels wide, here:

Gyulbudaghian's Nebula (Herbig-Haro 215 = PV Cephei) and LBN 468 photo - Harel Boren photos at pbase.com Despite some of my local friends preference of this one, I must admit I like the "darker", original, results most.

I hope you like it as much as I do :-)

Any comments are – as always – very welcome!!

Thanks for looking, and

Cheers, Harel :(

That is awsome!

I did an attempt myself earlier this month;

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/115868-cant-believe-almost-6-hrs-gyulbudaghians-nebula-pv-cephei.html

.... And decided that it's not a DSLR target. The image I posted is stretched a lot to bring out anything at all. I did 6 hrs of 15 minute subs with a modified canon 10D.

Great job! :-)

Yes, very nice, the colour of the dust and stars look lovely. I'll echo what Kevin said, please post a version here on SGL, otherwise the images cant really be considered for Pic of the Week etc.

Cheers

Tim

Superb:icon_salut:

You sure do pick tough ones!

I guess that the skies must be very dark in order to image these objects well...I reckon that this would just dissapear into the background mush for many here in our cloudy island!

Cheers

Rob

Guys,

So many thanks for these nice words... I still have to learn how this site operates - as I missed ALL of the responses after my own reply above... I am really sorry.

I will see to put up the image here - so that all of you will have an easy access to see it, and so that I don't miss the POW ;-)

Thanks again!

Cheers,

Harel

Superb:icon_salut:

You sure do pick tough ones!

I guess that the skies must be very dark in order to image these objects well...I reckon that this would just dissapear into the background mush for many here in our cloudy island!

Cheers

Rob

Thanks again Rob!

One note - I think that a fast scope is even more critical with unstable weather; whereas here in the desert I can count on 300 clear days a year - with cloudy weather every second under a clear sky counts... If you can push in double the number of photons into every pixel during that precious second (or night...), you can count it as another clear night out :(

Cheers,

Harel :)

As promised - here is the image itself.

I really hope you like it!

Cheers, Harel

Hi... thats a wonderful image, different from the norm which is very welcome.. :)

I dont know if your aware of how to post from pBase but if you dont..

click on the original image, to get this you will have to click one of the small, medium or large images first.. sounds iodd but you will need to do this otherwise the word original wont appear on the end of the URL link.

Gyulbudaghian's Nebula (Herbig-Haro 215 = PV Cephei) and LBN 468 photo - Harel Boren photos at pbase.com *original *

Once you get the original on the end add .jpg

so after the slash / it will say original.jpg

the add these image tags.

and put this at the other side

so your link looks like this..

post-15416-133877495576_thumb.jpg

here in the desert I can count on 300 clear days a year

Yeah - that must be tough!! :):(:)

Superb image Harel, even with all the clear nights and a fast scope, I bet the processing was a killer!

Archived