SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Kielder Spring SP 2011

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tuesday for me.

Solarwallace. Don't think about it...... Turn up and enjoy. There's plenty going on.

Extreme Astronomy. Good beer ( I've heard ). Fine food. Loads of walks. Visit the Kielder observatory. Normally a Doctor on site. :)

Dave.

Hi Steve! I will bring my golf sticks if you fancy a game, Bellingham course has good reviews.

Karen and I will be there from Tuesday afternoon!

hi tarazed, thats great. i will chuck the bats in then. i am also going to be there tuesday afternoon. looking forward to the camp as usual. my 3rd spring kielder, and only 2 sleeps.

cheers steve

I love it when a plan comes together. Hope to see you Friday.

If you can't cover over all your lights, can you pull the fuse that operates them ? I've had to find the fuse that stops all hell breaking loose everytime I unlock my doors !

If the weather plays ball you're in for a treat.

Dave.

Well I've just tested the king size air bed that's going to keep the missus warm and cosy whilst I'm out under the clear starry but somewhat chilly skies! This time we'll take the plugs that keep the air in!

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone again in the coming days including newcomers! Weather forecast looking reasonably good! Safe trip to everyone making long journeys...

Metcheck.com - Global Weather Forecasts - [updated on 28 February 2011 at 22:00] - Weather Feeds - Live Data - Long Range Weather Forecasts

looks beautiful.....

I just hope the technical wizardry holds together....had a dry run last night and couldn't get an image from the guide cam....I'm worried I may be over stretching the USB length...arrrgh...a tangled mess of cables awaits!

I'll pack the single malt just in case!

GOing off line now...may get some signal on the journey, but otherwise see you around 4pm for a cuppa!

Thanks. Don't think my wife will let me splash the cash on the dew heater at the moment!

Just make a dew shield for the scope. and buy a cheap 12v hairdryer for the eps and finderscope. Will do the job. You can always wipe the eps and finderscope if needs be but you will need to put a dew shield on.

Just a thought. I don't have a dew heater for my scope. Worth getting one given the likely prolonged sessions or just buy a 12v hairdryer?

Steve

I may have some spare for a lend if needed. Just depends on what scope you have. I also have a bit spare camping mat I can pack to make a temporary dew shields-really effective.

Archived