Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Quick Jupiter with 880NC

russ

Had a quick play with the 880C this morning at 1am. Not a wise thing to do seeing i needed to be on the train at 6am.....oh lord i feel ill now :)

This is straight from Registax without any playing around. Taken on the Orion Optics 150 f5, which also needed a tweak on the collimation but didn't have time. So happy there is loads of room for improvement.

Used two barlows together (Tal 2x and cheap Kson 1.8x) plus IR/UV Filter.

1/25th sec, 80% gain, 45% brightness, 0% gamma, 754 frames stacked.

post-12650-133877482833_thumb.jpg

Thanks all.

Kson barlow is okay. I picked it up for a fiver and it's proved to be a good barlow. Hard to tell apart the view through the Tal and Kson. But could really do with the 3x though for a bit more image scale.

Ok im seeing these everywhere lately, but havent bothered to find out whats going on, i take it there going cheap, Can you fill me in what the story is, how much they are, what chips ect.

They seem to be performing ok dont they

Nice first quick play Russ

Hi Neil,

These cameras are going cheap at Morgans, £6 a camera. And they are basically a SPC900NC with the Sony 098 CCD chip.

Hehe looking at my image at home on a decent monitor and it looks poop :) Oh lord, Russ from 2005 would not have been chuffed with that :) But Russ of 2010 is happy though. Need to improve for next effort.

I take it imaging is not for you then Russ :)

Appears not. Decided i wouldn't bother again half way through setting up the laptop. Only took 4 AVI's and i was fed up. Just wanted to pack the imaging gear away so i could have a look.:)

Archived