Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter with Uranus beside and in the same deep field

FranckiM06

Hello every body,

This night, I was very happy :happy6:to get this image with my 40D on the TSA 120 ! The exposure is around 20s and you could see that I got 3 moons around Uranus:

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5528/jupiteruranusaveclatsa1.jpg

Now, Jupiter in IR-cut and the Barlow x2:

jupiterir2b.png

After that, Jupiter with the Powermate x4 and the red filtre:

juiterr3d.png

Thank you. The exposure of this shot was 20s and the 40d were installed just on the refractor with out any Barlow. The focale of my refractor is 900mm.

Franck

Hmmmm, that's interesting. I have a 130mm reflector. When I remove the eyepiece, rack the focus right in and hand hold my Canon 5D in front of it, I can't get focus at any distance. Am I doing something wrong or are some scope "just like that" ???

HI very interested in ur pic of Jupiter and Uranus as i hav been trying to spot uranus and still not found it for sure can you tell me which point of light it is in your pic? thanks !

That's an interesting question. I was wondering too. Cribbing directly from Stellarium, my vote is for the disk with the 3 or 4 very close neighbours/ Am I right?

martyn_bannister-albums-astrostuff-picture6576-uranus-not-my-pic.jpg

Archived