Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ganymede Transit 04/09/10

beamish

Phew !

Lots to say but I'd only bore you !

I think this is about as good as I can get it. I had to use IR data for red channel and TBH I was about to go to bed when I went out for a fag and lo & behold the skies had cleared. Thankfully the scope had been sitting by the open basement door with the fan running for almost 2 1/5 hrs by then !

My plan was initially to catch the transit and shadow but the cloud gods put paid to that idea so I caught what I could. 33GB is alot to wade thru !:blob10:

I am very pleased and proud of this attempt and look fwd to more nights of Jupiter.

Hope you like it

beamish-albums-karlo-s-pics-picture6499-presentation-2-ganymede-transit.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Just saw this, Nice karlo, are you using a IR742 filter ? if so how dim is it making your image ? My pro planet IR 742 required full gain with a DMK 21 and 10" newt, First time i put it in. but switched to RGB as i didnt like full gain with only a 3x barlow And mono camera

yes Neil, it is the Pro 742nm. It made the image rather dim:) but although the gain had to be turned up a fair bit:( I didn't need the full gain. For reference I was using the 2x PhotoSupreme Barlow ( Am liking that very much BTW), but even without it the transparency as I recall was so poor that the the gain needed to be turned up more than previous occasions.

Thanks for comments guys

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't say so But there's no way it could ever compete with the Intes when it comes to comes to operating at these kinds of focal lengths ie F15, F30 + ..and this particular scope .....well the mirror is just sooooooo smooooth !:icon_salut: very close to 1/10th wave

Archived