Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My eyepiece collection including a 21mm Ethos

Kef9

Hi People

I thought I'd post my latest eyepiece collection because I had never done it before and because it gives people a chance to see how big a 21mm ethos actually is.

To finish I'm thinking a 8mm ethos and a 3-6mm nagler zoom to cover all the bases. I might sell the panaview in the future depending on how much use it gets.

I think this might be it for a while due to the dent the 31mm nagler and 21mm ethos made in my bank balance. :o

Cheers

kef9-albums-eyepiece-collections-picture6444-eyepieces.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The skywatcher 26mm panaview which is a 2" eyepiece looks tiny.

I've got a 20mm silvertop plossl I could use. I should have put that in the picture. If I get the chance I'll post another piccy.

A very nice collection no Doubt about that , but i cannot help thinking that a Top Quality pair of binoculars will offer a better widefield view (if thats what is desired via Ethos EPs) than any EP in any telescope.

Brian.

Ummmmm

Not so sure. There is a reason there is a market for these.

That 26 swa looks like an unwelcome guest trying to sneak into a photo at a society wedding.

Ummmm yes it might be on the chopping block. Its very nice and easy to look through but the edge performance is shocking compared to the Televue. Just goes to show that you get what you pay for. What it does have going for it is the size and weight.

a better widefield view (if thats what is desired via Ethos EPs)

Ethos is more about the "surround" experience than the actual field-of-view coverage. As an aside, the price of the very best binoculars works out as about the same as a pair of ethos (£1200-ish). Having said that, the quality of binoculars is going up, and I saw a comment on BetterViewDesired recently where an experienced, discerning birdwatcher said that quality is now so good, he would never pay extra for premium binoculars again.

I've been wondering for a while how they manage to make these 2" and 1.25". Can you unscrew the 1.25" nose piece and have a full 2" EP? Or is the 2" part just like an adaptor and it only uses 1.25" aperture?

Could you take a picture looking into the nose piece side of an Ethos please?

Archived