Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC7000 to Sadr region at the SSP

Beyond_Vision

This image was taken Sunday morning at the Salibury SP. It was taken with my new Canon 550D and 70-200mm L series F4 lens mounted on my Astrotrac.

The lens was set to 70mm the exposure was 6 x 5mins at ISO400, F4. I had taken several more frames but found on return from the star party that I must have nudged the mount as it started to trail on the 7th sub onwards ;)

The light frames were stacked in DSS with no calibration carried out. The image was then post processed in PSCS3.

beyondvision-albums-deep-sky-picture6356-ngc7000-sadr-region-canon-550d-70-200mm-f4-l-series-lens-6-x-5-minutes-exposure.jpg

I am amazed at the sensitivity and low noise of the camera. The Ha response seems to be much better than the 400D.

Regards

Kevin

Ahhh... my fav bit of sky.. Just so many stars ... and nicely resolved...

That's one L of a lens.. dear Winter Santa please bring me a pair of them...

One of my DSLR's (the modded 1000D) is currently pointed in a similar direction but at 35mm...

Just need to let the Ha flood in Kev.. Any thoughts on Modding it?

Peter...

Ahhh... my fav bit of sky.. Just so many stars ... and nicely resolved...

That's one L of a lens.. dear Winter Santa please bring me a pair of them...

One of my DSLR's (the modded 1000D) is currently pointed in a similar direction but at 35mm...

Just need to let the Ha flood in Kev.. Any thoughts on Modding it?

Peter...

Not until the warranty runs out ;). But I think there might not be that much as much to gain on this model. The response seems way more tham the 400D

Regards

Kevin

Thanks all for your comments :o

Choc-a-bloc and lovely. Maye a more golden hue would be true to the Milky Way but how to do it, I am with Fawlty Manuel, I know nothing!

Olly

I know what you mean Olly it's something I would love to get too. Some day I will get to do this in a Dark Skies site like your own :)

Although you have to bear in mind this in only 35 mins the rest of the subs from the night got trashed :D

Regards

Kevin

Archived