Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good Luck tommorow!

OXO

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as predicted by Metcheck it's wall to wall cloud here, has been since 6am. So fed up could throw myself out the top floor window. Wouldn't do much good mind, only 15 foot up.

I know Ant is having a cracking time, he's been talking me through on the phone...the swine!

Fingers crossed you are all having more luck then me.

Russ

WOW WOW WOW WOW, Sorry....

Images to follow. The only cloud was the fact that a massive accident closed the A127 and it took me an hour to drive home - thus I missed the beggining of the eclipse (well the first 40 minutes anyway!)

Sorry you guys missed it all.

Ant

Hi All,

First image off the camera, looks like this one (the first one I took) was spot on focus wise... all the rest appear to be out of focus!!! :) But resizing and sharpening might enable me to make the animation... have to see how it goes!

image.jpg

Ant

The other were out of focus because that image was taken after I attached the camera BUT before I started to focus it!!! Typical - The sun with no features on it is hard to focus on!!! I thought that the image above was wrong so I tweaked it!!!

On the preview screen the subsequent images looked pretty good - but alas no!!!

Thanks for giving me the solar filter Russ, without that nothing would have been possible,

Full report to follow!

Ant

Well I tried to get Ant's pic posted on the BBC website and the Tiscali website, they both turned me down flat. We were trying for some cheap publicity, so i watermarked the pic with the Stargazers URL. On that basis they would not accept. Miserable lot!

Anyway here's Ant's pic I sent them but without the watermark.

image.jpg

Russ

Archived