Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Good Luck tommorow!

OXO

nice one Russ, if only I saw the "save optimised as" option....

Brilliant! Time to write up my full report and have athread all to my self! Wish I hadn't bothered going to work now I could have caught the first half as well....

Ant

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers for all the comments guys... I thought that I was going to write a new thread, but there doesn't seem much point.

I was extremely lucky in many ways, I know that a lot of you didn't have the weather, or more annoyingly that the weather sorted itself out just after the eclipse finished.

For me it was the opposite, it clouded over at around 7am, but cleared again by around 8:30. I then got stuck in traffic and missed the first hour or so of the eclipse. I managed to get some solar filter (cheers Russ) and attach it to the scope using masking tape (I wish I been better prepared) and managed to take about 200 hundred images.

Focusing with the sun is always a pain in the butt! and yesterday was no different! There weren't even any sunspots to aid focusing... So as it turns out the images used to make the animation are all slightly out of focus. But with the resizing this doesn't actually notice much!

Thanks for all you kind words.

Ant

Archived