Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

maybe tonight

starstalker

WOOO HOOOO. Looking Good in Plymouth tonight. Pretty chilly though. Been waiting weeks now for a decent sky but I have to get up at the crack of dawn for work tomorrow :) :) TYPICAL!!!!

Still - gonna grab an hour if I can with my 'noculars.

Here's hoping you all have some clear skies tonight.:D

Windy and a sky like milk with the moon, so taken the chance to tweak the observatory kit - the EQ6 is suddenly performing like a champ, and i've been slewing around the sky watching in amazement as it keeps putting doubles in the centre of the eyepiece at 240x. Not sure what i've done, but it's awesome.

Had to pack up. Some chump decided to burn something made from rubber nearby. Can't breathe and don't want the optics & cameras to get damaged. :D

But :) got 8 x 5min Lum. subs of M51 - what a start! Only stopped when it went below the roof of my house. Saw M81/82, had a wonderful view of M39 and NGC7023. Even did a few(120) subs of jupiter before packing away.

I love astronomy. :)

EDIT: My EQ6 also worked perfectly! I'd aligned the polar scope and it's really paid off!!

The wind died down here too and managed a good couple of hours on Bootes and Hercules, Just had to pack up too - work tomorrow!

Seeing was just below average but managed to sketch M3, M13, and M92

Fortunately the moon was blocked out by the apartment blocks, so only man made light pollution to fight!

I wasn't out there long, I only really wanted to see Jupiter as I missed it after so long. Buy boy oh boy did I forget how bright the moon can be! So glad I got that moon filter! But then again it was nice seeing the moon after all this time so bright and wonderful. :D

After an almost fruitless leave, I have returned to the South China Sea, hoping to get some more southern delights. Alas, there are cleods aplenty, and a breeze to make the North Sea look tame.... Still, I'm fair whacked from travel + Smirnoff, so sleep might be a good idea tonight.....

Archived