Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pelican nebula IC5070

Dangerous-Dave

Thanks for the comments. This is actually a replacement Astronomik "Halo-free" filter so I presume the reflections are particularly exasserbated by this lens or working at f4. The star shapes could be better across the whole shot, but I am not sure if this is the optics, the adaptor or mounting rings causing flex. I'll have a play with it when I get a chance but I'm not expecting too much for the price of the lens.

I'm trying to add to my primes collection.. although my finger was hovering over the BIN button on a Canon 17-40 L series earlier...

I reckon I can get 3 DSLR's mounted on B&S heads on the Side by side bar with the HEQ5 Pro...

Why do you need a SBS bar? You could buy a medium or long dovetail, a 3/8" drill bit and some 3/8" bolts. :) Alternatively, if the bar is too thin, use 1/4" bolts and 3/8":1/4" tripod bush adaptor (which is what I did before I got the astrotrac).

Hi Dave,

really nice image.

Question, how do you attach the H9 with filter to the lens, I have the same camera and a Nikon 300mm, I see the geoptik adaptor. But I fear with filter holder I cannot reach focus ....

Yves.

Archived