Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Salisbury Star Party Eagle

Mel

Here's my humble attempt at the Eagle Nebula.

I found I quite liked the orientation when finding the DSO on the chip so I left it like this. I think the eagle looks quite something swooping down from the top left to bottom right.

Enjoy!

Iain

post-15119-133877471274_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys

Matt - It was 5x10mins and 4x20mins on Ha and 3x10min, 3x20min on OIII. I had to ditch 2x10mins and 1x20mins from each filter as I had dew in the image (faint halos around the bright regions). Probably on the camera glass which is a pain as you cant really heat that.

On the last night the ground was sodden - I went after the Bubble but got nothing because of the same problem. Remember the rain during the day on Saturday?

Cheers

Iain

Great image there Iain, Ive seen M16 through my 8" a few time, but this shows you really whats out there...

Now I dont want to sound stupid, but I dont understand how it gets its name???

The Eagle bit can be construed from the bits in the centre of the image B_K, they can, with imagination, seem like a swooping Eagle, diving down from left to right.

I guess not everyone will see it that way though.

Ron.

Keiran - it can be hard to see but the claws give it away. Daz - yep you pointed the Eagle out to me when I was framing it remember? I hadn't seen it myself before then.

Anthony, that's not the way I see it - yes I didn't get any usable data but now I know exactly what a 'dew on the camera glass' shot looks like for next time. All I need now is a hairdryer with a long lead... ebay?

Cheers guys

Iain

Archived