Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter Aug 11 th

neil phillips

Superb Neil.

I think No 2 is a more natural looking image of the planet.

Both are excellent, but the first one seems contrast enhanced.

These pics. are testament to the scopes prowess, and ought to encourage a buyer.

Ron.:p

Thanks all,

To recap if anyone does get tempted, its got 1/12th wave optics cost £400 EXTRA to go from 1/10th [1/10th also cost more dont forget } to 1/12th pv, also a custom FL F6 cost £180 for Orion to make a tool to fabricate a longer tube. hilux with fan, 9 point cell, motorised focusser. one person can set it up, but its getting too much for me, cost £2300 (JUST THE TUBE ] nearly new condition. ok £1100 no offers i must be mad.

Back on topic, weather is just relentless cloud here, hope it clears for opposition soon

Compared to your 6th/9th images this does have finer detail and is smooth without any unnecessary softness, I do think the 12" megawave scope leaves a deeper footprint but it never had the ease of the 10" E from your point of view. Comparisons ignore seeing differences but like my 350mm too few opportunities to get a worthy final image as seeing need to be 8/10 plus with big scopes. 10" seems the right apperture for frequent use.

John.

Pretty much agree with all that John, a more carefull process by me has reveald a somewhat finer (as in lines and spots seem less bloated than the big E with less softening and blur ) But does require better nights than smaller apetures. Micheal ive been told by the mods not to discuss sales here, pm me if interested, might be able to sort something out, waiting on other pms though. lets keep this on the for sale section. aplogies

cheers guys

Archived