Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Perseid Meteors

thanks.

@luke sure

tonight as i was placing the camera clouds moved in.I decided to continue.just caught one faint one through the clouds.

meteor3.jpg

hardly looks like a meteor from this view.

here is its crop

cropmeteor.jpg

saw a satellite as dawn was breaking.

sat.jpg

hopefully i will go for another run tonight if weather stays clear.

just finished the run.took around 400 images.caught only one meteor though but not bad,could have been none :p

enjoyed watching clouds come and go too tonight.

teor12aug.jpg

crop

crop12aug.jpg

stars playing hide and seek

partial.jpg

nearing dawn

pl1.jpg

I took 100 images and got one Perseid. Too faint to see it really. I'll try find it.

Interestingly, I had the exact same success rate. I left my camera out doing 30 second exposures for 2 and a half hours, resulting in 300 photos, containing 3 faint meteors.

Did get a couple of whole-sky satellite trails, too, but they're not special. :p

pl1.jpg

I have never - NEVER - caught a single aircraft in any of my astrophotos, but I live under the approach of a small city airport. Maybe the flights don't run very late. Maybe I'll experience this more as winter approaches.

Mine were ISO 3200, so not a lot different. I'm wondering if my choice of lens was unwise. I'm using an 8mm circular fisheye at f/8 (like most lenses it's not at its best wide open, but seems to be very good at f/5.6 or f/8). It's a great lens for getting the whole sky into a single image, but does make any single feature in the sky extremely small. I suppose it's possible that more meteors are on the pictures, but are just too small to be easily spotted. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Took 198 shots at 10 Secs ISO 1600 on my eos 500 - 18mm. out of the 10 -15 I saw this is the only one I caught!!! right at the start when it was still nice and bright! They were everywhere but where I thought they would be!!!

post-19355-133877469466_thumb.jpg

Just processing my 300 or so photos taken with 18-55mm at 18 wide open at f3.5 exposures varying between 10 seconds at ISO1600 and 10 minutes at ISO100... So far only looked through captures through lcd camera screen but of the 20 or so perseids i saw i dont think ive captured one... they appeared opposite to where the camera pointed... do you think they know?

havent given up yet on perseids.got up before dawn.weather was cloudy so placed it in small shed in backyard for protection if rained though the lens was pointing out and 15mm lens is of more value then camera body :p

saw a huge meteor strike but since it was already dawn and with ISO 800 i was expecting nothing.it did appeared in the image as follows.compiled the rest images into a startrail pic.

meteor15august.jpg

crop15.jpg

startrails.jpg

Archived