Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

30 fps july 18th capture

neil phillips

Although my pc refused to capture at 30 fps as usual it started working as daylight took hold, but as luck would have it i think i got close to nailing focus just before daylight killed any chance of a better capture, 150 second capture here 3700 frames stacked 150% RESIZE,

Im fairly happy with the way this one has turned out with no artifacts and a natural texture ( not over sharpened ) using a desaturated red channel as a false luminence ( Nick put me onto this ) I think im slowly working out the fine balance between detail and natural appearance, there is more to be got in the image for sure, but at the expense of a natural feel, and im slowly leaning towards the more natural approach, as i think understated often looks better than overstated.

The colour might be a bit of a exeption to this, but i think im starting to get a good balance between vivid but controlled. Others may not agree, but its certainly more exciting than dull colours i think. Hope some do agree

btw july 22nd as the header says lol tiredness setting in i think

4819771217_44a9c576ed_o.png

Blacker blacks

4819810155_ec2cb13345_o.png

Thanks guys, im really enjoying my astronomy, apart from the camera pc issues, jupiter is so interesting to capture, forever changing clouds,

Its also taking me a little while to process in a way where things are looking balanced. Call me slow. But i think i might be getting there. Seeing on the 22nd was quite calm. About the comment wanting to get images like this, probably at least a 10" might be needed, though Riks shots with a 8" just seem to be getting better and better now.

Archived