NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Trifid LRGB

ollypenrice

It's a while since I did anything without Ha so here's the Trifid in plain old LRGB. L 2.5 hours, colours an hour of each in Bin 1.

TEC 140 temporarliy aboard EQ6, Atik 4000 mono. I'm pleased with this one after a rather soft Eagle in HaRGB.

Cheers,

Olly

928189894_K7MDi-X2.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lovely image, what are the lengths of the subs for that?

Thanks to all. Subs were 5 minutes. The central part is bright so we were on the limit there. I wanted to try to get a hint of the double star in the middle since Mr Gendler does so! We also talked about adding some 10 min subs for the faint stuff, particularly the blue, which might be worth doing another time.

Olly

Lovely picture Olly, cracking colours and detail.

Pete

ps please send some nice clear weather to Wales.

Truth to tell, Pete, all of Europe has had a tough time this year. I am totally wiped out by successive clear all-nighters for the first time this year. Bed!

Olly

Hi Olly

Very nice, lovely colour and detail, this is one of those objects that I would love to do but i is too low in the sky where I live and some houses are in the way as well

Best wishes

Gordon

This is a lovely colourful image - good tracking too - who needs a Tak when an EQ6 delivers like this? :)

This thought had occurred to me too! However, as if to thumb their noses at the errant Tak, both EQ sixes have been on demon form. We are having good seeing at the moment and this is important for the EQs because I run a correction between 0.5 and 1 sec, not enough to let bad seeing average out. But any longer and the drift is too much. These mounts save the day for the sub-millionaire imager, that's for sure...

In the 5.5 hours of the Trifid above I lost two frames.

Olly

Archived