Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Pilars of Creation for Roundycat

paulobao

Sorry to return again with this topic but I made a version to Roundycat who prefers more bright blue and golden :). I don't know if I made it right but well, I tried (not that hard because I need to review and "work" the stars at the masters!). I also rotated the frame and then croped "a la Hubble" ( The Pilars are now more vertical/upright...kind of strange to speak in vertical/upright in the deep space!).

Ok, now I'm very anxious about the weather for the next WE here. We should expect summer storms ;). Hope they are wrong!

Regards,

paulo

hstcolorscaledrgbmultip.png

Paulo, I am flattered that you should think it worth paying attention to my opinion. My personal taste for this type of colour is based on the work of Russell Croman. He always seems to get really fine colour detail that is enhanced by the delicate colours of golden yellow and pale blue that he achieves. This one is an improvement and the stars really stand out. Their brightness is what seems to give the 3-D impression, a bright star field with a dim nebula in the background. See here The Eagle Nebula in Mapped Color

Way to go!

Dennis

That Paulo is stunning... very well done. I can actually see 2 eagles in there... and I always wondered why the little one (actually the talons of the large one I think) would be bursting upwards through the clouds...

Thanks.

Dennis, I knew it was Russel's image you liked :-) when you refered to the golds and blues (and I like it too). I already knew that image made with big $$$ instruments at a wonderfull sky and yes, by an excellent imager. And the resolution with a such instrument is about 0.5 arcsec/pixel which is insane! When you reduce the size of the image you have a fantastic detailed image. I'm just an apprentice...

One thing I really would like to have (need help here) is the same quality image that I have at the PS workspace window, when the image is posted. I mean after I upload the image to ImageShack and then post the link, the quality is allways much inferior to the one I have at PS! For example in this last image the colors are much, much vibrant with a gloss aspect in the PS workspace. After upload/download they loose that vibrant aspect!

Anyone know why?

Regards,

paulo

Paulo, I am flattered that you should think it worth paying attention to my opinion. My personal taste for this type of colour is based on the work of Russell Croman. He always seems to get really fine colour detail that is enhanced by the delicate colours of golden yellow and pale blue that he achieves. This one is an improvement and the stars really stand out. Their brightness is what seems to give the 3-D impression, a bright star field with a dim nebula in the background. See here The Eagle Nebula in Mapped Color

Way to go!

Dennis

That Image is Stunning !!!

Paulo, is it possible that you are converting from TIFF to JPEG and automatically selecting web safe colours? A lot of people seem to use 'Save for the Web' in PS and I have never understood why. Convert to 8 bit, change the image size and save as a jpeg. That might give you the colour you want.

Although Croman and co use mega-bucks scopes they dont really have an effect on the finished colour. That is one thing we should be able to copy with our schoolboy equipment.

Dennis

Thanks for the compliments :-).

Dennis I just convert from 16 bit TIFF to 8 bit JPEG or BMP or PNG . No "save for the web"!

I will find it why one day :-).

I let you here all the versions I made to compare with my first one ! And the setup too :-).

Cheers,

paulo

5tocn900wide.jpg

Paulo,

Fantastic images, I can´t remember where you are but I am in Spain on the northern Portugal border and I got hit by the summer storms on the last two nights...and it is raining a bit today.

It was a shame as it was looking good all week up until Wednesday when a large thunder storm rolled in.

Your setup looks good fun as well! I must put my leads as tidy as you have yours.

Archived