NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Pilars of Creation

paulobao

Hello,

just a quicky with my FS102NSV @ f/8 + QSI532WS-M1 (I will try it with the C9.25).

120 min / Ha, OIII, SII and processed in the hubble palette (with the freedom this palette give us ;))

Cheers from portugal

hasiioiiiccdstackcolors.png

and a 100% crop

hasiioiiiccdstackcolors.png

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful image Paulo.

I see that you have very natural stars, not the reddish ones that using S2 as the red channel normnally gives. Did you use a separate RGB star layer?

Aesthetically, on a personal note only, I rather lke the way that you haven't overemphasised the colours, and think it's kept a lovely natural feel to the image.

Cheers

Rob

Once more you are very kind with my pics :-).

No, there is no RGB layer for the stars! Only the NB data. I know sometimes there is too mangenta, too cyan, red...but you don't need to make it like that !!!

I usually reprocess everything from scratch (of course with the things I learned with the previous processing!) and maybe I will try it again with this one. I really want to have more "red/gold" in some regions of this pic :-).

Anyway I plan to make this image with the C9.25 (and I say that I plan because the C9.25 is another kind of "beast". Last time I tried to make the M27 with it and I discovered lots of reflections in the subs. I aborted and used the trusty FS102. But if everything goes without problems I will try it next WE with the C9.25).

Sorry I "talked" too much.

Cheers,

paulo

I think that's the most attractive HP image I've ever seen. Certainy better than NASA! Very gentle colour but SO much fine detail. This is a narrowband object, I reckon. When you add RGB it gets too soft and of course we are so used to seeing the Hubble Pillars that we want detail - which is what you are giving us! More great stuff, Paulo.

Olly

Thanks for the kind words :-). And Olly I really think that there is some DSO's that are just much better in NB and this is one of them! The IC5070 at the trunk is another one. Thanks for the comment :-).

I'm going to post a version 2 after this reply. Let's see what do you think!

Cheers from portugal (at a terrible 40 ºC or so!!!)

paulo

Archived