NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The other half of astronomy

SteelRat

:rolleyes: Maybe we should open up a seperate support/counselling group website :D

I was trying to persuade my girlfriend to come and look at the moon through my new gear tonight, she was having none of it so I suggested that I picked her up, brought her over for an hour and then drove her back, to which she replied "an hour! I would get bored after 30 seconds"...

Mines not foolin anyone really - she may come up with comments (when I show her the splendour that is Double Cluster to name but one jewel-like vision) like 'What? Those dots?' making sure she is showing signs of hypothermia and desperate to get in the warmth - but when I was working on a mounting bracket for what I felt I was obliged to describe to her as 'the little telescope on the top' she came back with... yup, you guessed it 'What? the finderscope?' Bless her for taking SOME of it in.

That's nice too CC - mine was brandishing my Saturn mobile pic that I texted her last year around at her work for weeks. People I'd never met before tellin me 'That Saturn pic's cool' at the works xmas doo was at least a startin point y'know?

I'm Lucky, my GF isn't wholly interested, but she will come out and look at stuff, she loves the planets. Though she was pretty impressed with M13 and M27.

Shes not to bothered if I spend all night out with the scope, as I don't mind is she has girly nights with her mates, so it's a mutual thing really.

I think its good that you continue your interests, you don't live in each others pockets.

Beside, sometimes I have to get up in the middle of the night anyway, she snore likes a pig lol (shh don't tell her I said that!)

Kain

My wife has little interest in Astronomy, but does like to look at any (usually pretty bad) images I take. She likes M42 (who wouldn't) and seemed impressed by craters on the Moon. But other than that, no chance she will go out in the cold.

However, she is quite happy that I spend hours out on cold, clear nights, and encourages me to SPEND MONEY on new astro kit :rolleyes:

Her comment was "You work hard enough, if you have the money - spend it - you can't take it with you"

Tom

I'm very lucky, indeed. My wife is at least as interested in my "hobby" as I am. She actually navigates for me, reading off coordinates and finding charts I can use. She doesn't even fall asleep during my astro talks!

Aaahh, she's a jewel. :sunny:

I'm very lucky, indeed. My wife is at least as interested in my "hobby" as I am. She actually navigates for me, reading off coordinates and finding charts I can use. She doesn't even fall asleep during my astro talks!

Lucky man indeed.

your a lucky guy :rolleyes::D

RD

Archived